Here are a few tips on how to conquer the battle against time:
1) Set appropriate work – life boundaries that you can live with and then stick to them. When it’s family time, turn the laptop off, put the IPAD away and mute the cell phone so you can be fully present in the moment. If you need to decompress between work time and family time – hit the gym on your way home for some stress busting cardio.
2) Realize that your to do list will always be there and learn to be ok with that. Every morning decide what three things absolutely must be done for the day. Then tackle the most difficult or the one you dread the most first. Instead of stressing about it all day, get it out of the way so you can move on to more enjoyable things. Cross things off the list as you go and add new items throughout the day as needed.
3) Turn off the “ding” on your cell phone that announces every time you get a new message. Schedule blocks of time throughout the day to look at and respond to email and text messages. If you stop what you are doing every time you hear that “ding” you will never get anything done!
4) Get up at the same time every day. Yes every day means Saturday and Sunday too! It’s amazing what you can accomplish in those early morning weekend hours. Why waste time sleeping the day away? Get up and get moving already!
5) Laugh, smile and have fun. Life can be complicated, hectic and stressful but that doesn’t mean you have to be crabby and miserable! Lighten up a little. Take things seriously, but not personally.